Background
Company mainly doing road construction project in srilanka. Its established in 2004. Currently company has 100M turnover per year and employees near 100. To the survey randomly I selected 20 employees in head office.
Method
Questionnaire survey, This questionnaire helps to get a brief overview of the employee environment. Some of the topics addressed in the survey were, job description, location within the company, relationships with supervisors, promotion opportunities, and overall satisfaction.
Questionnaires
|
|
Disagree Completely |
Somewhat Disagree |
Neither Agree Nor Disagree |
Somewhat Agree |
Agree Completely |
|
Marks |
1 |
2 |
3 |
4 |
5 |
|
a) The company clearly conveys mission to employees. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
b) There is good communication from managers to employees. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
c) I have the tools and resources I need to do my job. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
d) I have the training I need to do my job |
|
|
|
|
|
|
e) I feel underutilized in my job. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
f) Overall, my supervisor does a good job. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
g) My supervisor promotes an atmosphere of teamwork. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
h) My supervisor provides me with actionable suggestions on what I can do to improve. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
i) When I have questions or concerns, my supervisor is able to address them. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
j) Your pay? |
|
|
|
|
|
|
k) Your career progression at The Company thus far? |
|
|
|
|
|
|
l) Benefits offered by The Company? |
|
|
|
|
|
|
m) The process used to determine annual raises? |
|
|
|
|
|
Result
Score
a) The company clearly conveys mission to employees.
1.75
b) There is good communication from managers to employees.
1.9
c) I have the tools and resources I need to do my job.
2.1
d) I have the training I need to do my job
3.05
e) I feel underutilized in my job.
4.25
f) Overall, my supervisor does a good job.
1.75
g) My supervisor promotes an atmosphere of teamwork.
1.75
h) My supervisor provides me with actionable suggestions on
what I can do to improve.
1.45
i) When I have questions or concerns, my supervisor is able
to address them.
1.6
j) Your pay?
2.05
k) Your career progression at The Company thus far?
1.95
l) Benefits offered by The Company?
1.85
m) The process
used to determine annual raises?
1.9
Score
a) The company clearly conveys mission to employees.
1.75
b) There is good communication from managers to employees.
1.9
c) I have the tools and resources I need to do my job.
2.1
d) I have the training I need to do my job
3.05
e) I feel underutilized in my job.
4.25
f) Overall, my supervisor does a good job.
1.75
g) My supervisor promotes an atmosphere of teamwork.
1.75
h) My supervisor provides me with actionable suggestions on what I can do to improve.
1.45
i) When I have questions or concerns, my supervisor is able to address them.
1.6
j) Your pay?
2.05
k) Your career progression at The Company thus far?
1.95
l) Benefits offered by The Company?
1.85
m) The process used to determine annual raises?
1.9
- The company clearly conveys mission to employees (Score – 1.75)
According to our survey the company mission defective. I think in this situation impossible to take organization where they want it to go.
- There is good communication from managers to employees (Score – 1.9)
- Overall, my supervisor does a good job (Score – 1.75)
- My supervisor promotes an atmosphere of teamwork (Score – 1.75)
- My supervisor provides me with actionable suggestions on what I can do to improve (Score – 1.45)
- When I have questions or concerns, my supervisor is able to address them (Score – 1.6)
- I have the tools and resources I need to do my job (Score – 2.1)
- I have the training I need to do my job (Score – 3.05)
Most of employees have skill to do their job. But they haven’t tools & resources to do their job.
- Your pay? (Score – 1.75)
Bulk of employees not satisfied about their salary.
- k) Your career progression at The Company thus far? (Score - 1.95)
- Benefits offered by The Company? (Score - 1.85)
- The process used to determine annual raises? (Score - 1.9)
Employees not satisfied with the company profile. Its showing company doesn’t support to the employee to career development and others.
- I feel underutilized in my job. (Score - 4.25)
Most of employee not satisfied with their job.
In this company employees not satisfied their jobs and this situation company may be face more difficulties in future. Most of employee not engage with their managers or supervisors related to the works. they worked as individual. Employees not any chance to the build up their career path and job skills, their innovation and creativity goes down and only work for the salary. Most of them haven’t loyalty to the supervisors and staff members.
In Future article we can discuss what’s the impact of low job satisfaction and suggestions
References
Anon.,
2021. Tinypulse. [Online]
Available at: https://www.tinypulse.com/blog
[Accessed 29 May 2021].
Staff, C. C., 2021. Job Satisfaction [Interview] (31 June 2021).

Good and new idea. You give proper questionnaires to survey users to give their ideas. Job satisfaction is most important thing on every sector. Because most of the sectors run with human power.
ReplyDeleteThnak You Kavishka, This is the best method of finding issues. Final result help to identify whats the do next.
DeleteThe questioner is a good method for employee situations and you did well. I have one point to understand. can you describe the method to score these values? it's not clear.
ReplyDeleteThushara and Gihan,
DeleteI used average score method. I mentioned score value for all answers.
Equation is,
Average Score = Question Score Total Value / Participation Total
This is score value for answers,
Disagree Completely - Score 1
Somewhat Disagree - Score 2
Neither Agree Nor Disagree - Score 3
Somewhat Agree - Score 4
Agree Completely - Score 5
As a example,
I used 20 employees for this questionnaire survey. Their feedback for below question is,
a) The company clearly conveys mission to employees.
Disagree Completely - 9 Employees - (9x1=9)
Somewhat Disagree - 8 Employees - (8x2=16)
Neither Agree Nor Disagree - 2 Employees - (2x3=6)
Somewhat Agree - 1 Employee - (1x4=4)
Agree Completely - Nill - (0)
(9+16+6+4) / 20 = 1.75
Average Score is 1.75
This is a new idea and your questioner are well laid with industry.with out satisfiyng workes orgnization cannot run properly. And this company should have good motivation programme and long term process to develope carrier of workers
ReplyDeleteYes Prashitha, Im totally agree with you. there are lot of ways to do for avoiding satisfaction. In next article i will discuss it.
DeleteSince survey is done for the employees at Head Office it's clear they may be underutilized .Great job .difficult to get responses for this type of survey. I also has the same problem Thushara is having. That is not clear how you arrive at figures
ReplyDelete